Эстония Тарту Ратушная площадь с фонтаном                                         www.tartu.ee
   
           
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
  Click for Тарту, Estonia Forecast    
 
 
     На Главную  
 
    Таллин панорама
  Таллин пл. Свободы
  Таллин виды города
   Тарту Ратушная пл.
   Пярну улица Ruutli
   Пярну вид на пляж
    Нарва панорама 
    Курессааре        
    Город Пайде      
    Пылва - парк     
    Город Йыгева     
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
   
        Увеличение - Нет
       
Republic of Estonia Tartu the area with a fountain
         
       
 
             
       

Тарту (эст. Tartu, нем. Dorpat, Dörpt; в 1030—1224 и в 1893—1919 Юрьев, в 1224—1893 русск. Юрьев, Дерпт) — город, уездный центр в Эстонии, на реке Эмайыги, второй по численности населения после Таллина. Тарту - один из древнейших городов Прибалтики. Постоянное поселение на этом месте датируется V веком, городище VI-VIII веком. В 1030-м году городище Тарбату было захвачено отрядом киевского князя Ярослава Мудрого. Согласно Повести временных лет: «В тот же год пошел Ярослав на чудь, и победил их, и поставил город Юрьев». Ярослав назвал город Юрьевом по своему христианскому имени. Так как в связи с этими событиями Тарту впервые упоминается в письменных источниках, 1030 год считают годом его основания. Некоторые историки также полагают, что во время властвования Ярослава русские купцы в Юрьеве завели свои торговые ряды, превратив этим городище в город. В 1215 Юрьев был захвачен немецкими рыцарями-меченосцами, но в 1223 освобождён в результате общего восстания населения, которое поддерживал русский отряд в 200 человек во главе с князем Вячко. В 1224 после длительной осады Юрьев был взят войсками меченосцев, казнивших за упорное сопротивление всех пленных защитников города, чудь и славян, и стал называться по-немецки Дорпат. Епископ Герман I сделал его центром своего владения — Дорпатского епископства. В 1248 году Дорпат впервые упоминается в качестве ганзейского города. Входил в состав Ганзейского Союза с конца XIII до середины XVI вв. Сюда стремились немецкие купцы и ремесленники; город играл важную роль в торговле Ганзейского союза с Новгородом и Псковом. Основное население Дорпата составляли эстонцы и немцы. В Старом городе расположена основная часть историко-архитектурных памятников: ратуша (1789) в стиле раннего классицизма, жилые дома, церковь Яана (XIV век), главный корпус университета (1804—09). На холме Тоомемяги (в парке Тооме) развалины Домского (Петра и Павла) собора (XIII—XV веков, хоровая часть в 1804—07 перестроена в библиотеку университета, ныне музей), старый анатомический театр (1803—05) и обсерватория. Среди современных построек — здания банка (1936), театр «Ванемуйне» (1967) и др. Памятники: полководцу М. Б. Барклаю-де-Толли (1849, скульптор В. И. Демут-Малиновский), естествоиспытателю К. М. Бэру (1886, А. М. Опекушин), астроному В. Я. Струве, эстонскому поэту К. Я. Петерсону (1983, Я. Соанс), хирургам Н. И. Пирогову (1952), Н. Н. Бурденко (1952), писателю-просветителю Ф. Крейцвальду (1953). Мемориальный комплекс Советским воинам-освободителям на братском кладбище (1975). Неким символом города является скульптура «Целующиеся студенты» с фонтаном (1998), расположенная на ратушной площади

   
             
       

Tartu is the second largest city of Estonia. In contrast to Estonia's political and financial capital Tallinn, Tartu is often considered the intellectual and cultural hub, especially since it is home to Estonia's oldest and most renowned university. Situated 186 km southeast of Tallinn, the city is the centre of southern Estonia. The Emajõgi river, which connects the two largest lakes of Estonia, crosses Tartu. The city is served by Tartu Airport. Historical names of the town include Tarbatu, an Estonian fortress founded in the 5th century, Yuryev (Russian: Юрьев) named c. 1030 by Yaroslav I the Wise, and Dorpat as first known by the German crusaders in the 13th century. As Tartu has been under control of various rulers throughout its history, there are various names for the city in different languages. Most of them derive from the earliest attested form, the Estonian Tarbatu. In German, Swedish and Polish the town has been and sometimes still is known as Dorpat, a variant of Tarbatu. In Russian, the city has been known as Юрьев (Yuryev) after Yaroslav I the Wise and Дерпт (Derpt), a variant of Dorpat (however, since 1917 the Estonian name Tartu is used). Similarly, the city has been known as Tērbata in Latvian. The architecture and city planning of historical Tartu mainly go back to the pre-independence period, with Germans forming the upper and middle classes of society, and therefore contributing many architects, professors and local politicians. Most notable are the old Lutheran St. John's Church (Estonian: Jaani Kirik, German: Johanneskirche), the 18th-century town hall, the university building, ruins of the 13th-century cathedral, the botanical gardens, the main shopping street, many buildings around the town hall square and Barclay Square. The historical slum area called Supilinn (Soup Town) is located on the bank of river Emajõgi, near the town centre and is regarded as one of the few surviving "poor" neighbourhoods of 19th century Europe. At the moment Supilinn is being rapidly renovated, undergoing a slow transformation from the historic slum into a prestigious high-class neighborhood. The active community embodied by the Supilinn Society is committed to preserving the heritage. The Second World War destroyed large parts of the city centre and during the Soviet occupation many new buildings were erected – notably the new Vanemuine Theater. The effects of the war are still witnessed by the relative abundance of parks and greenery in the historic centre. In the suburbs, classic Soviet neighbourhoods – blocks of high-rise flats – were built during the period between and restoration of Estonian independence in 1991. Presently, Tartu is also known for several modern, rather sterile-looking buildings of the "steel, concrete and glass" variation, but has managed to retain a healty mix of old and new buildings in the centre of town. Tartu's large student population means that it has a comparatively thriving nightlife, with many bars, restaurants, and nightclubs. Annually, in the summer, Tartu hosts the Hansa Days Festival (Estonian: Hansapäevad) to celebrate the Hanseatic heritage under the motto "History lives" when the old town bustles with activity from handicraft markets and historic workshops to a jousting tournament